Monday, August 17, 2015

June Peanuts

  • I pulled something in my lower back. Sitting is painful. Walking is painful. Rachel: "You didn't go to the gym today, did you?" Me: "No. My back hurts." Rachel: "Well, that doesn't mean you can't work on your arms."
  • Matthew is at band camp this week. He was supposed to Skype us from his laptop, since he couldn't find his phone. He left a message with a friend's phone that he was sorry but he couldn't get the wifi to work. Today we dropped off a cheap tracfone because Rachel was getting frustrated that he didn't call. Serious nerd points deducted.
  • Matthew: "The food at camp was better than I expected. Yesterday I had 2 cinnamon rolls and cheesecake for lunch. And another cheesecake." Me: That was lunch? Matthew: And a coke.
  • Matthew: I learned something important at band camp. People are crazy impressed if you can solve a rubix cube. Me: Girls too? Matthew: Sometimes. But the boys were more excited about it honestly.
  • Matthew beat me at Carcassone. Playing during church is our new tradition.
  • Rachel: "Jonathan would have looked good in the 1920s." David: "Because everyone wore hats."
  • Rachel: "Corinna, don't pull your pants down in front of your brother while singing, Butt butt butt butt."
  • Tommy threw a tantrum because Mommy wouldn't give him more medicine.
  • Isaac (almost 7) had a hot dog, potatoes, and fruit salad... then he ate about 10 ounces of steak. While eating he treated me to an extended discourse on how he likes steak best because of the juices, and how his Mommy makes the best steaks.
  • Tommy (15m) brought me a diaper. I put it on my desk. He squatted down and pooped. Then he handed me the diaper again. I got the message. He might be our youngest to potty train by a wide margin.
  • Helped Mom and Dad move into Austin. Mom said to leave access to the phone jack in the office. Then she had to explain land lines to Matthew.

No comments: