Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Audi party


IMAG0121
Originally uploaded by jbellis
Audi had a party at the Munich airport tonight with a live band. I moved outside to where I could watch. It's a big platform -- i've captured half of one side here. The entrance is on the other side of the square; I reasoned from the "Next Big Thing" posters that this was a launch publicity thing, so I went in with my laptop and duffel bags to get a better view of the band.

A man and woman at the front desk called me back in German. "What's up?" I asked in English. "Your name?" "Oh, is this a private party?" "Yes. Invitation only." "Sorry." So I had to watch from the back of the stage after all.

I'm still not sure why you'd throw a private party in a very public square like that. Must be more of that German "otherwise you might not realize how awesome we are" attitude.

No comments: