Tuesday, March 22, 2005

A mystery

Last night I lost my cellphone.

I thought, Where did I see it last? The last I could remember was calling Rachel up on the way home from the park to see if she wanted me to pick something up for dinner. Sometimes I put my phone next to the cupholders when I'm driving, so I checked in the car. No phone.

I dialed it from Rachel's phone repeatedly. Couldn't hear it anywhere.

I called up Artic Circle to see if somehow it had fallen out of my pocket there. No. At this point I decided it was gone. Too bad.

Not long afterwards, Rachel did her nightly re-tuck-in of Matthew. She came out looking amused and said, "I have good news and bad news." Yes? "The good news is, I found your phone. The bad news is, your son's a pickpocket." He must have lifted it out of my shirt pocket as I carried him to bed. Then I guess he dialed down the volume (accidentally, the only buttons he understands are Dial and Hang Up) so I didn't hear it ring.

No comments: