Sunday, January 23, 2005

The potty is MINE!

A few days ago I was watching Matthew in the morning as usual when all of a sudden I had an urgent need to have a BM. I went to the bathroom, but Matthew followed. "Daddy's got to use the potty, Matthew," I said. "No! Mine! Potty! Mine!" He got quite upset by the idea that Daddy was going to use his potty before he did.

So, fine. Take him out of his sleeper. Unbutton the onesie, undo the diaper. Pose him long enough to tinkle. All the while needing to go myself in the worst way.

Wash his hands. New diaper. Into the sleeper. "Treat! Treat!" Of course he took FOREVER to choose a treat while Daddy is practically hopping with impatience.

Finally he made his choice and Daddy made a dash for the potty while Matthew was distracted by his candy.

Rachel thinks this story is a lot funnier than I do. :)

No comments: