Sunday, October 31, 2010

September peanuts

  • Good: If you had told me when I started playing the first Starcraft that my son would play the sequel with me, that would have really been weird. Actually, it's still kind of weird. But, cool that Matthew can play big boy games now.
  • Bad: now that he's finished the campaign he wants to play online with me. Which will require buying a second copy.
  • Melissa: "I can see through your hair! But you can't see through my hair; ladies are not supposed to have hair you can see through." Later: "Daddy's not bald. He has hair on his chin."
  • Me: "The cheeseburger Doritos aren't that bad. Isaac really likes them." Rachel: "Isaac eats crayons and play-doh."
  • I kind of miss the corrugated steel roofs we had in the Philippines: it's a good feeling to hear the rain come down and know you're inside and dry (which, as missionaries, was not a feeling we had very often. Here, I have to look out the window to tell if it's raining unless it's _really_ coming down
  • Isaac charged into my legs at the park and ... pulled my pants. That's a new one on me. Yes, there were lots of other people there, mostly moms. (I had omitted a belt to avoid the airport security hassle later.)
  • Matthew: "I think my favorite part of bread is the middle." Rachel: "Me, too." Matthew: "Then why do you make it with a crust?"
  • Matt Pfeil: "I get along better with developers than with normal people."
  • American dude to French dude at lunch [on site with a client]: "It's hard to understand you and Matthieu speaking French, but it's easy to understand Jonathan. He speaks much slower."
  • Hiring in Europe is insane. Both the French and the Swedish men have to give 3 months notice.
  • Matt Pfeil: "Skip the t-shirt. These guys [at customer X] dress up for work." Me: "The time to tell me what to pack was yesterday." Matt: "Go buy a button down." Thus it was that I bought my own clothes possibly for the first time since I was married. In other news, man clothes are supposed to be labeled in actual measurements; I had to try on the "L" shirt to make sure it would fit.
  • Watched the French version of Disney's Aristocats with Isaac. The geese were dubbed with an English accent.

No comments: