Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Soon After We Got Married....

Composed by Jonathan after a particularly harried day.

(Sung to the tune of the 12 days of Christmas)

Soon after we got married, my true love did conceive,
   One little Peanut and we were busy.


Three years after we were married, my true love did conceive,
   One big boy Peanut and a baby Honey Bee.


Five years after we were married, my true love said to me,
   ONE big boy Peanut, ONE Honey Bee are quite enough for ME!


-so no, another one is not in the near future plans, maybe after I start sleeping through the night again. Mmmm sleep. Or better yet after our Bee is potty-trained. Not sure I want to train again while pregnant. Uck. My Grandma trained all hers by 18 mos. Yeah no diapers! Sounds good to me. 'Course we'll have to see if Melissa will go along with this.

(I say all this tongue in cheek, fulling realizing that plans can go awry. Our next door neighboor is expecting her 4th anytime now and her last three (including this one) have all been 14 mos apart. Not quite how they had planned things.)

-Rachel

No comments: