Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Smooth Talker

Matthew now employs his 3 year-old powers of persuasion on his parents. Instead of resorting to a temper tamtrum when his will is crossed he'll say,

"Pume on! (Come on) Id be Fun!" or

"Pume on! It's good!" [J: usually when trying to get me to eat something]

He says this in a chirpy voice and with a grin on his face . The lastest use of this "power" occurred just after I taught joy school today. He wanted to watch his new Superman DVD. I said not right now, son. "Pume on, id be Fun!" He was so funny batting his eyes and grinning at me that I couldn't help myself and I laughed. He knows the battle is won if he can get his mom to laugh. Little imp! I had had an exhausting morning and so on second thought Superman sounded like a good idea to me too.

Daddy, The Royal Bottom Wiper

Jonathan had been working from home the last 2 weeks of December and Matthew was delighted with the arrangement. Since Daddy was home, Matthew decided to bestow the bottow wiping honor on his Daddy. Lucky Daddy! Yesterday Matthew hollered from the bathroom,

"I allll doonnne!"

"Okay I'm coming."

When I get to the bathroom. Matthew declares, "No! Dadda wipe!"

"Ugh, Matthew, Daddy's at work, so Mamma will wipe."

"No! Dadda go work, Dadda come home Maa-tthew's house, Dadda wipe."

"Son, Dadda will come home when it's dark outside, it's going to be a long time still."

Reluctantly he granted me bottom wiping authority, "Oo-tay, Mamma wipe."

-Rachel

No comments: