Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Airplane!

My vette is still in "transmission problem? What transmission problem" land. I was going to go show them the problem today, actually (it's pathetically easy to reproduce -- first to 2nd and back to first, or rather TRY to go back to first for several seconds until it decides to relax and allow it) but it snowed again. So Monday I'd taken the Ford to work, but Rachel called at 10:30 to say she had forgotten about her movie with Matthew at 11, so could I bring the car back. I did, and that's where this story comes from.

Rachel was watching our neighbor's kids while she had some kind of pregnancy checkup thing. I'm pretty sure it involved glucose. I'm not exactly sure whose idea it was -- Rachel's, I think -- but all 3 boys had "airplanes" made out of Matthew's toy blocks. (You know, the huge baby ones where the unit is about 1 inch.) They were having a good time except Matthew was prone to whacking things with his...

Tuesday I got home from work and Matthew went straight to his blocks and asked for an airplane. Okay, no sweat. Again, he ended up with a timeout for whacking Dad with the plane.

Today when he got up the first thing he said was, "Baby UP!" The second was, "Airplane!" And then when I made him one he said No no, Car! and directed me to build the wings onto the wheeled block. (This was an improvement on the basic plane design that Jacob, the older guest, had come up with.)

Wonder how long THIS fad will last.

No comments: